The one-day course covers:
• Properties of asbestos and types of asbestos-containing materials (ACM) in buildings
• Health hazards of asbestos exposure
• Asbestos removal guides from whichever jurisdiction we are offering the class
• Owner and contractor responsibilities
• Measures and procedures for Types 1 & 2 asbestos work operations
• Work area setup
• Personal protective equipment and worker hygiene practices
• Work practices and waste packaging
• Work area cleanup
• Transportation and disposal of asbestos waste (brief overview of the requirements)
• Review and quiz
The course includes practical exercises involving insulation removal using glovebags and using power tools with dust collection devices.
We offer the course onsite or at venues across the country.
We have a maximum of 10 students to ensure that each student has a good learning opportunity.